Back to School Fall Safety TipsAs children return to school in the fall, they are excited and may not be paying as much attention to their surroundings as they should. Keep them safe with these fall safety tips.
- If your child's school bus is equipped with seat belts make sure your child uses it.
- If your child walks to school or waits at a bus stop, wearing clothes that are brightly colored makes them more visible to drivers.
- Children that ride bicycles to school should always wear a helmet.
- Have your child use a rolling backpack if possible.
- A loaded backpack should not weigh more than ten to twenty percent of the weight of the child.